Your Guide to Living in Orlando
December 1, 2020
Often overshadowed by its fun theme park attractions that make it a top tourist area of the nation, Orlando has so much more to offer. Living in Orlando offers many benefits, as it is a great place in Central Florida to play, work, and raise a family. Here’s why.
Orlando Communities to Suit Your Unique Lifestyle
Living in Orlando offers choices. If city life is what you need, there are many options downtown. Including some lovely historic neighborhoods like Lake Eola Heights and Thornton Park. For suburban living, options are abundant from Heathrow and Lake Mary with a small-town feel to family-friendly Lake Nona and many more.
Great Schools for Orlando Students
Orlando boasts top-rated public schools and many notable private schools. For higher education, University of Central Florida is the second largest University in the nation. Stetson University and Rollins College are also nearby.
Making a Living in Orlando
The job market is strong. Tourism is a major industry and employer for those living in Orlando. There are also many other employers and top companies that make their headquarters here, including AAA, Tupperware, and Wyndham Destinations.
Things to Do Living in Orlando
Orlando has something for everyone. There is so much to see and do.
- Theme Parks: NINE world-class theme parks are within 90 minutes of Orlando, and residents can take advantage of special discounts.
- Private Clubs: Some of the very best private clubs in the nation are located here.
- Golf: Florida is a golfer’s paradise ,and Orlando is home to many golf courses. In fact there are more than 50 with in an hours drive.
- The Amway Center: Home to the NBA team, Orlando Magic, during the year it also hosts concerts, shows, and other sporting events.
- Art Museums: Visit Orlando Museum of Art, Cornell Fine Arts Museum, The Mennello Museum of American Art, or The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum.
- Orlando Science Center: Four floors of interactive exhibit halls, labs, workshops, theaters, and an observatory give families plenty to do.
- Freshwater Fishing and Boating: Area lakes are perfect for all kinds of water activities.
- Exceptional Dining and Nightlife: The city is a booming foodie hub with many award-winning restaurants and world renowned chefs.
- Shopping: From boutique shops to mega malls, there is shopping of all kinds in Orlando.
If you’re ready to make the move to living in Orlando, get in touch with one of the best local Orlando realtors. Contact us today, and let us help you find your dream home!